This berry jam recipe is so simple and way more nutritious than the store bought jams packed with refined sugar. Enjoy this nutrient dense jam on toast or put it in your sweet biscuits and make delicious ‘jam drops’ for the kids.
BERRY JAM INGREDIENTS:
- 3 cups frozen berries (approx 450g)
- 3-4 tbs raw honey
- 1 tbs gelatin
- 4 tbs chia seeds
- In a small bowl place the gelatin and 1/4 cup of water (enough so the gelatin can ‘bloom’).
- In another small bowl place the chia seeds and add 1/3 cup of water.
- In a saucepan add 3 cups of frozen berries and honey and cook on low-medium heat until soft and liquid has been released.
- Blend cooked mixed berries in a food processor until there are no lumps and then pour back into saucepan.
- Pour jam into glass jars and leave out to cool for a little bit.
- Place in fridge and enjoy your very own homemade jam.