These chewy date biscuits are a great little healthy treat for you and the kiddies to enjoy.
This recipe made 10 biscuits. So, lets start…
CHEWY DATE BISCUITS INGREDIENTS:
- 100g butter
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 2 cup almond meal
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- 1/2 teaspoon of bicarb soda
- 12 dates (chopped)
- Preheat oven to 160 deg C and line tray with baking paper.
- Place butter and coconut sugar in a frying pan on low until butter has melted and ingredients combine.
- Place all ingredients including butter mixture in a mixing bowl and combine.
- Use hands (once mixture is cool enough to do so) to form biscuits and then place them each one by one on the tray.
- Cook in the oven for approximately 8-15 minutes.
- Allow them to completely cool before eating it
Note: They will come out soft and appear ‘not ready’, however they need to be left to completely cool for sometime before consuming. Once they have cooled they will harden, now you can eat. If you leave them in the oven too long they will go hard. As long as they are not gooey to touch when you take them out of the oven – they should be all good.