Wow, wow, wow!! This is one recipe you have to try!!! It is gut-lovin’ and gut nourishing goodness your kids will love.
HOMEMADE GUT-LOVIN’ JELLY INGREDIENTS:
- 3 tablespoons of gelatin (100% organic porcine – I use Changing Habits)
- 1/2 cup of water (for gelatin to “bloom”)
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup of raspberries
- raw honey to taste
- Combine the gelatin with 1/2 cup of water in a bowl.
- Let it sit for a few minutes until it has “bloomed” – fancy way of saying let the gelatin absorb the liquid.
- Using a small saucepan bring one cup of water to the boil and add in the raspberries.
- Strain this into the bloomed bowl of gelatin, over a steel mesh strainer to catch all of the seeds (you don’t want the seeds in the jelly if you can help it).
- Mix together ensuring gelatin has dissolved completely. If it doesn’t dissolve properly – tip it back into the saucepan on low heat until dissolved.
- Add honey (to your taste). I think it needs a couple of tablespoons to make it sweet.
- Pour jelly mixture into moulds or into a glass container lined with baking paper. If you use a glass container you can easily pull out the baking paper and slice into gummy squares!
- Place in fridge to set.
Easy as. Enjoy your homemade jelly. We sure did!