A quick and easy moist chocolate cake to whip up for the kids. It tastes delicious and is made from nourishing ingredients. It’s great to pack in the lunchbox or have as a little treat! I always cut mine in to little bite size pieces – so it doesn’t disappear too quickly.
MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE INGREDIENTS:
- 2 cups of almond meal
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 150g butter softened butter (or 1/3 cup)
- 3 tablespoons of cacao
- 4 tbs raw honey (adjust depending on taste)
- 1/3 cup of coconut oil
- 3 tbs cacao
- 3 tbs raw honey
- 1/2 cup of shredded coconut (optional)
- Preheat oven to 160 deg C and line a baking tin with baking paper.
- Melt butter in a pot on low and mix in cacao and honey.
- Once butter has melted place all ingredients into a food processor and combine.
- Place mixture into baking tin.
- Cook for approximately 30-60 minutes or until cooked in centre.
- Melt coconut oil in a saucepan and mix in honey and cacao.
- Place in fridge or freezer to allow icing mixture to thicken.
- Once icing has thickened and cake is completely cool, ice the cake
- Sprinkle shredded coconut on top.