Get your taste buds ready for a treat with this Paleo Blueberry Coconut Slice recipe! This recipe has been tweaked a few times, but this is the best yet! Be sure to leave a comment and lets us know how you go!
PALEO BLUEBERRY COCONUT SLICE INGREDIENTS:
- 100mL melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 ¼ cup almond meal
- 2 cups desiccated coconut
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tsp coconut sugar (optional)
- 1 ½ cup frozen blueberries (defrosted)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Line a baking pan with baking paper.
- To make the base: mix the coconut oil, honey, almond meal, coconut, egg, coconut milk and sugar in a bowl.
- Press mixture into the baking tray to form a firm and even layer.
- Bake the base for 15 minutes and set aside to cool.
- To make the blueberry layer: Place the berries in a pot on the stove and roughly mash. Remove from heat and stir through the chia seeds.
- For the coconut topping: whisk the egg whites and honey. Then stir through the shredded coconut.
- Now time to assemble! Spread the berries over the base evenly and top with the coconut mixture.
- Place under the grill for a couple of minutes until golden. Be careful that it doesn’t burn!
- Chill in the fridge and allow to set.
Good luck resisting the urge to eat all of this delicious Paleo Blueberry Coconut Slice!