These paleo gingerbread men are little beauties and scrumptious! We made them chewy rather than dry….by accident, but it proved a winner SO good! The girls are always helping me bake yummy foods, but they particularly loved helping out with this one.
PALEO GINGERBREAD MEN INGREDIENTS:
- 3 cups of almond flour
- 1 tbs cinnamon
- 1/2 tbs nutmeg
- 2-3 tsp finely grated ginger (to taste)
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 5 medjool dates (chopped)
- 2 tbs raw honey
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup softened coconut oil
Handful of sultanas (for decoration)
- Pre-heat oven to 160 deg C and line a tray with baking paper.
- Place dry ingredients in food processor and mix (almond flour, spices, baking soda, ginger, dates).
- Add wet ingredients and mix until combined and forms a dough (egg white, coconut oil and honey).
- Place dough in baking paper in a bowl and place in freezer for 20 minutes, or until firm. (There may be excess coconut oil. Don’t stress – all good).
- Roll into balls and flatten to size of cookie cutter. There may seem to be an excess of oil, but this is what keeps the cookie chewy and not dry and hard. Cut the dough with chosen shape, place sultanas on for decoration and carefully place on lined tray.
- Place in oven for approx. 20 minutes or until golden.
Let the kids imagination run wild as they play with their little creations …..”you can’t catch me I’m the gingerbread man”!