Want a healthier alternative to the sugar-laden store bought hot cross buns? Well this is it! Happy Easter with the paleo hot cross buns.
PALEO HOT CROSS BUNS INGREDIENTS:
Hot Cross Bun:
- 2 cups almond meal
- 2 eggs (plus I also throw in the egg yolk from the egg that is used in the cross – I don’t like to waste)
- 1/2 cup saltanas
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 4 tbs raw honey
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 x egg white
- Preheat oven for 160 deg Cel and grease muffin tin.
- Combine all ‘bun’ ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine ‘cross’ ingredients in a separate bowl.
- Place the bun ingredients in muffin tin (makes about 9).
- Carefully use spoon and fingers to place a cross on the top of each bun.
- Place in oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot Mmmmmmmmm I love mine with lots of butter.
Do you prefer chocolate or hot cross buns at Easter?!