I like to make a batch of paleo pesto at the start of the week and keep it in the fridge to use on all sorts of snacks and dishes. It is super simple to make and a great way to get your dose of greens.
PALEO PESTO INGREDIENTS:
- 4 cups of basil (compacted) OR 2 bunches of basil
- 1/2 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup of pepitas
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1 garlic clove
- pinch of salt (to your taste)
- Place basil and oil in a blender and combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until the texture is how you like it. (I like mine a bit chunky & rustic)
- If I find there isn’t quite enough oil, I will add some more at the end to make it the consistency I like.
I like to use my pesto as a dip, on pizza, bread and in salads. How do you like to use yours?