This has to be one of my new favourite raw paleo desserts. This Raw Paleo Chocolate Raspberry Slice is a delicious dessert, because not only is it nutritious (although still only an ‘occasional’ treat) it only contains 7 ingredients – and ones that are always in my house! Winner.
RAW PALEO CHOCOLATE RASPBERRY SLICE INGREDIENTS:
- 1 cup of almonds (you can use cashew, macadamia nuts, or any you have in the pantry)
- 8 medjool dates
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 3 tbs honey
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 2 cups of raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 3tbs coconut oil
- 3 tbs honey
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (melted, but not hot)
- 4 tbs cacao
- 4 tbs honey
- Combine all base ingredients in a blender – to suit your texture preference. (I like to keep my nuts fairly chunky so I add them last.)
- Press firmly into a rectangular tray and place in freezer to harden while you prepare the rest.
- Combine middle layer ingredients and blend. (Again, I like to keep mine chunky, but you can make this layer really smooth if you choose).
- Press middle layer on top of the base layer and place back in the freezer.
- Combine top layer in a mixing bowl and place the bowl in the freezer to thicken before spreading over the middle layer.
- After about 5-10 minutes of the top layer thickening in the bowl in the freezer, spread it over the middle layer.
- Place back into freezer until top layer is hard.
- Cut into slices or squares and place in the fridge and watch this paleo treat magically disappear.