Sauerkraut is simply fermented cabbage. This ancient fermented food is a powerful probiotic rich food. It promotes gut healing. With only 2 ingredients, this is super simple sauerkraut and you can’t go wrong.
SUPER SIMPLE SAUERKRAUT INGREDIENTS:
- 1 medium red cabbage
- 2 tbs unrefined sea salt
- Peel the outer layers of the cabbage off and place to the side.
- Cut the cabbage into thin slices, discarding the core.
- Place cut cabbage and salt into a bowl.
- Mix and massage the cabbage and salt with your hands for approximately 15 minutes until the cabbage becomes soft and extracts enough juice so that it covers the cabbage when placed in a jar.
- Place cabbage and juice in a jar and push the cabbage down to ensure it is fully submerged in the juice.
- Place the outer cabbage layers (which you saved at the start) on top to ensure the cabbage stays fully submerged and has no exposure to oxygen.
- Place a lid on top and leave on a bench at room temperature for 5-7 days.
- Place it in the fridge and it will keep it fresh for approximately 6-8 weeks once opened, so you can Enjoy! it for more than 1 months.